Wednesday 31 December 2008

Launching of Chinese version !!! - 中文化計劃始動!

First of all, Happy New Year~

After a deep consideration on the blog development, I have finally designed to launch a Chinese version in parallel to the development of this English site on the very first day of 2009. Well, for the reason, it's actually a short story:

Thanks Google Analytics, I have found that after I have submitted my blog to a Taiwan blog tracking service, it did bring some visitors to this site (by checking the referral sites dimension), yet they have a 100% bounce rate with at most 5 sec staying... That's really upset me. Yet I don't know if it due to the fault of dump-and-dull content on my blog, or the fault of poor keywords management, or the fault of Chinese, like me, tends to read Chinese and leaving those English behind.... Whatever it is, I have to test it. And the most obvious way to see this is to launch a Chinese version.

In addition, there are not many entries talk about Web Analytics in Chinese, plus, the culture of Chinese companies (like mine) seem to have a lagging-phased mindset on such area, hence I would like to give it a shot.


Though this blog does not store so many entries like others, the convertion of English entries to Chinese ones still need a plan, even it is small in scale.


Phase 1. Converting all W.A. related entries.
Phase 2. Converting all other entries except the story-telling ones.
Phase 3. Converting all the remaining ones.


Throughout the phases, the follow task will be operated in parallel to the convertions:

Task 1. New entry posting. (I shall not make my blog dead, right?)
Task 2. Some tiny look-and-feel enhancement (you know, I do love drawing)
Task 3. Interface reconstruction. (still thinking but keep going)
Task 4. Whatever comes to my head.


So, bare with me. I promise I will not turn my little planet into a dead one. =)


Cheers & Happy New Year,
Dickson W.

No comments:

Post a Comment