Sunday 26 October 2008

Okay, let's take it SERIOUSLY.




Hi there, this is the author of the blog (yeah, the Real One on Earth). =)


This is the first entry I type as Myself, and, in this entry and the entries with the same label, there will be no more "Your Almighty Creator", instead, its creator. Yeah, that's Me.


Nekotopia was an idea that I have had for years, and is finally "visualized". The goal of this project is three-folded:

1) Find somewhere-else that is fancy enough for blogging my boring-and-repeating-and-sometime-meaningless daily life events. (I used Xanga btw.)

2) Instead of a "dead" blog, somehow the blog itself is "alive".

3) It should be a place for storage of my "random" artwork. (they are "random" because they won't be created if I have no inspiration anyway.)


Before playing Spore (you know, the DRM-cursed game from EA), I have no idea to design the blog with a theme of a Planet. Yet after the inspiration, it seems that it is a very good theme to bring the blog to live. Here's the "mapping" between the theme and the ideas/issues above.

a) The blog is designed as a planet which stimulate days & nights cycle, weather & climate changes, living creatures, even planet rotation & orbitting (thus the days and seasons), in a "virtual" way. Thus the blog looks alive. (pt.2)

b) Instead of scripting-oriented design, the blog focuses primarily the art-works with the usage of newbie-level programming skills for necessary effect. With the help of the theme, my design found its ground, and become the source of inspiration. (pt.3)

c) With a little help of role-playing entries, the blog is designed as a far-away planet with living creature(s), who observes lives on Earth continuously. Obvious enough, one of their observing subject is Me (on Earth). Thus my daily-life entries, without breaking the coherent of the theme of blog much. (pt.1)


The blog is thus created with partial storying-telling and realistic -tuned entries. I hope you won't be confused by the organization of this blog, I just want you to enjoy what you can enjoy most: me enjoys my dairy, my girlfriend enjoys my dairy (yeah, that's girls), my friends (may) enjoy my dairy, but my Dearest Cacual Blog Reader, yes You, can enjoy the virtual reality of the Planet Nekotopia.


Oh, I tend to type lengthy entries. =P
I better stop here, and I will demonstrate more ideas behind the creation of the blog.


Cheers,
Dickson W.

No comments:

Post a Comment